I’m going to be double posting for the month of November. In addition to my regular posts each day, I will also include a 30 Days of Thanksgiving post. I had not planned on this schedule, but two verse in my Bible reading this morning encouraged me to pay close attention to my attitude of thanksgiving. And not only mine, this is going to be a family effort, although I will only be posting my own gratitude journal.
I think too many weeks of being sick and too many weeks of daddy traveling has left our home a little on the grumpy side and the cure is changing our thoughts, changing our mind set. It’s not enough to just notice something to be grateful for, sometimes it actually needs to be recorded, impressed deeper into out hearts and minds by the very act of writing them down. So welcome to my first post of 30 Days of Thanksgiving. I would love for you to join me. If you have a blog where you will be posting your 30 Days, please link to it in the comments each day. If you’re keeping track with paper and pen, let me know in the comments and you can even leave your list there each day too…that would be fun to read wouldn’t!
Oh, the two verses that stood out this morning…
Then the angel called the two of them privately and said to them: “Praise God and give thanks to him; exalt him and give thanks to him in the presence of all the living for what he has done for you. It is good to praise God and to exalt his name, worthily declaring the works of God. Do not be slow to give him thanks.
The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and a man is judged by his praise.
1. Chris being home the entire week
2. first fire of the season
3. Luke not getting hurt lighting the fire (there was a little singeing)
4. reading a lovely book together each night before prayer, <a “nofollow” rel=:href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310274419/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0310274419&linkCode=as2&tag=justa0e-20&linkId=L24QWV7SJO5MTNYX”>A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23
5. grilled burgers
6. 2 heavy quilts on the bed made by my grandpa and grandma
7. family rosary
8. Chris taking the kids to soccer this morning in the freezing cold
9. a quiet October 31st at home making s’mores
10. wearing one of Chris’ sweatshirts to keep warm tonight