Welcome to How to Live the Little Way. A weekly post here at The Littlest Way where I gather all the ordinary things that happen or are happening in my day to day. Things like what I’m reading or listening to, eating, cleaning, and learning. These are the small moments that make up my blessed daily life and I want to remember them. My prompts may change depending on season and circumstance.
Thanking God for…
::hamburgers for dinner
::selling our old van, Hoss
::essential oils to help a sick kiddo feel better naturally
Speaking of which, friends, the discontinued Desert Mist Premium Starter Kit is still in stock and on sale for 10% off plus I’m gifting $25 cash back or in an Amazon Gift Card. I seriously believe every single home can benefit in abundance by this essential oils kit. I would love to know what’s holding you back from getting one. Here are some common misperceptions:
1. I have to order something every month. False. You only have to place one $50 order a year to remain active and receive your wholesale member discount.
2. I have to sell essential oils. False. You don’t have to sell, share, or even let anyone know you’re using essential oils.
3. They’re too expensive. False. Just one example, Thieves Cleaner, which is a concentrate, will replace every single other cleaner in your home.
4. Essential Oils don’t work. False. Before “modern medicine” what do you think people used to support their health and wellness or treat illness? Plants and herbs. “An essential oil is a concentrated hydrophobic liquid containing volatile chemical compounds from plants. Essential oils are also known as volatile oils, ethereal oils, aetherolea, or simply as the oil of the plant from which they were extracted, such as oil of clove.” (Wikipedia)
5. I can just buy my oils at the grocery store. True. You can and for less money even. But you have no idea what is in that bottle and where it came from. You have no idea if it was treated with pesticides or where it was grown.
6. I won’t know how to use them. True. Shifting your focus from treating illness to supporting health will take some education and time. I had used essential oils prior to joining Young Living. I had no idea how to use them and no time to learn how to use them. I searched and researched and decided to join a Young Living team led by a former Family Practice M.D. Talk about an education! The entire team culture is built on support and education. There is an entire video library, posts for anything and everything you could imagine, and an active and friendly private Facebook group to ask questions and search topics.
Psalm 27:11 for my children
Friendship with God. Always.
The frogs are back! When I hear them at night it gives me hope that Spring will eventually return!! I’m also re-listening to an old sermon that came up in our Online Bible Study group recently. Spiritual Flyswatters and it is so good!
Bible in a Year: Your Daily Encounter with God
This is my “quantity” Bible to make sure I get the Word inside me each and every day.
Catholic Journaling Bible and the Inspire Catholic Bible NLT: The Bible for Coloring & Creative Journaling
These are my study and journaling Bibles.
* I’ve written an ebook to guide you through the whys and hows to get started with Bible Journaling, Bible Journaling Tips, Inspiration and Permission, and to encourage and inspire you in your Bible journaling!
Around the House…
I finished painting the bathroom! Now Chris needs to install a new fan, which he says is a doosey of job, and replace the toilet, another doosey of a job I’m guessing? After that he’ll help me put all the cabinet doors back on and then I can hang my pretty decorations I bought at Hobby Lobby for the room.
We’re looking at some new furniture for our front room which is where our television is. We can use some of the money from selling our old van. We’ve looked a little bit but Chris hasn’t found exactly what he’s looking for. It’s pretty much up to him because I rarely watch television and go in that room.
In the Kitchen…
Ok for real now, I have got to get back in the habit of good, solid meal planning. This fly by the seat of my pants each day is not working well for us physically or financially.
Sometimes self-care is just getting some things done, like painting a bathroom or cleaning out a closet. It can also be taking a hot bath with a relaxing essential oil or using a good face moisturizer.
It’s so funny because I just told Chris yesterday I like the way my face feels and even looks, when I say face I really mean skin. It feels good to like your 47 year-old skin. I think the noticeable difference has been using a roller bottle of Frankincense and Lavender on my face each night.
(I used to purchase my essential oils from Amazon or Edens Garden instead of a distributor. You can read my thoughts on why here, “Where I’m From…” I’ve since decided I don’t have the time or resources to properly educate myself on using the oils to their fullest potential. That’s why I signed up with Young Living under a former Family Practice Physician.)
The Littlest Way
Have you been following along with the free Lent Devotional for Women here each day? They are good, rich, and not too long; perfect for a Lent Devotional.
Our Domestic Church…
Tomorrow is the Feast of St. Joseph. Pray for and/or thank your man for being the spiritual head of your family like good St. Joseph was to the little Holy Family here on earth.
We sold a van we rarely drove anymore so we’ve canceled the insurance on it and that saves us a little. Getting back into a routine of weekly grocery shopping and meal planning will save us money.
Today’s Lent Devotional for Women reflection is on humility and I remembered this old Instagram post I shared.
View this post on Instagram
“Thanksgiving is not just one form of prayer to be practiced now and then. It should be a fundamental attitude of heart, a disposition of life, a way of orientating one’s entire life.” Jacques Philippe, “Called to Life” That quote is taken from one of my favorite books and couldn’t be any more timely. We’ve picked back up the habit of writing in our gratitude journals before family prayer at night. This happened the other night when I tell you honestly, every single person in this house was having a problem with almost every single other person…I totally blame it on the eclipse. So we all sat down, pen and journal in hand and started writing. After I had transcribed for the two younger boys and written in my own, I flipped back through its pages. For some reason, August is a tough month for me. Thankfully Chris knows this well about me so every year when I start doing my August thing, he gently reminds me, “This is your August thing.” Looking through my old gratitude entries I noticed a disturbing pattern. I never made a gratitude list in August. My journal goes back a couple of years because I’m hit and miss sometimes. So I found an older journal, again, no entries for August. I know now an empty journal in August equals a tough August for me. Thanks be to God for the grace to see with my own eyes and know in my heart that gratitude is a necessary in my life. #gratitude #attitudeofgratitude #thanksgiving #1000gifts #humility #Godissogood #Godfirst #nowisnow #nowisgood #iamthankful #itsabeautifullife #augustgoals #august #summer